Friday, April 28, 2006

Sometimes I do rock.

We've all decided that we're not going to accept the poor feedback, or rather total lack of such, on the psychology part of the examination. I for one was happy just to have passed, but considering that eleven people didn't and now have absolutely no idea what they need to improve not to fail again, I'm all with them. On Tuesday when we see our former mentor for the first and last time since the evaluation, which appropriately enough took place before the examination results were given out, we're confronting her. That is going to be one interesting morning. I think a lot of people (among them me) are really nervous but also up for a fight - she can be scary when she's annoyed, and we haven't even seen her properly angry yet.

But fact remains; she was incompetent being responsible for that module, and doesn't even seem to want to help us. Something has to be done, it needs to be pointed out. We've got the student union behind us.

Then, there's our current mentor - you know, Santa. He is the complete opposite. Today, we recieved the analysis we did on Aidan Chambers a couple of weeks back, and attached there was half a page of feedback written on the computer.
There's a book we have to read to prepare for one of his lectures, and knowing it might be diffiult to find, he brought us all copies to borrow.
To help us prepare for one of our examination tasks, he's set aside time for a tutorial.
This is the kind of university mentor I'd like to be.

And I know this will look incredibly concieted, but I worked really, really hard on my analysis and was so happy about the feedback I recieved I'm actually going to cite you some.
"Slutligen vill jag framhålla att din avslutande analys är knivskarp. Bättre kan det knappast sägas! Jag delar den tolkning du kommer fram till och jag menar att du underbygger dina slutsatser på ett trovärdigt, utförligt och mycket elegant sätt."
Fine, I'm proud and I want to show off. So sue me!

Lugi lost. They got as close as 23-26, but lost by 25-31. That's it for this season, and then hopefully they (ah, who am I kidding? I mean 'we'!) will manage that last effort to make it to the finale next year with a new coach.
Still. It sucks. My boys lost.

1 comment:

Logan said...

Intelligens är attrakivt. ;)

Sometimes teachers need a reality check. Everybody realizes it, especially the students who are smarter than the teacher (which was the case several times for friends of mine and for me in school) -- and if a teacher's just full-on incompetent, what's a person to do?

I'm glad I'm not in school. Schoo's fo' foo's, y'know. ;)