Friday, April 21, 2006

The days when things go right

Well, it's finally started to sink in. I'm not going to be spending a week writing my exam all over again, and that why I couldn't be happier, no, I couldn't be happier...

Which leads me to Wicked - yes, it's official. Idina Menzel is coming to London to play Elphaba. And I'm not that happy, really. I love her; she's passionate, a wonderful actress, beautiful and looks great green, and has a very distinct voice. But I didn't want a Broadway transfer as London's original Elphie. Still, it sure is something... Getting to see Idina Menzel live doing the part she created.

Yesterday was a good day, a genuinely good day. I haven't had one of those in ages. The exam played a big part, of course. Although, I'm not pleased with my father who refused to take the money he rightfully had won on the bet. I told him that wasn't fair since I would have made sure he paid me had I won, to which he laughed and said he wouldn't have. Hmph. A bet is a bet.

To make the day even better, we got tickets to go and listen to Jonas Hassen Khemiri talking about his new book tomorrow! Right on! My fellow Swedish-speaking language geeks (and Logan, that includes you) would do well to read his first book 'Ett Öga Rött'. Fantastic, once you get used to the style of it - it's written in "rinkebysvenska". It's going to be interesting to hear what he has to say about 'Montecore' tomorrow.

To continue on yesterday, I then had an amazing evening lecture, the speaker being a man who came to talk about living with hiv (V, his name was Micke - that sound familiar?). Very gripping, and very inspiring. He embodied 'living with, not dying from disease', and I left there thinking of Rent. I'm really happy I ended up choosing that lecture, wouldn't have wanted to be without it.
When I was walking home from the train the sun was still shining (a pale sort of evening sun which I love) the park was full with flowers and I was feeling all happy.

I don't know whether it is so, but I've heard that it always has to even up, the happiness. If that's true then there was probably someone else out there yesterday having a very, very shitty day to make up for mine, and I sincerely apologise for screwing up the scales. Perhaps next time it'll be the other way 'round.

2 comments:

Logan said...

then there was probably someone else out there yesterday having a very, very shitty day to make up for mine

Yep, right here. :P

Never read 'Ett Öga Rött', but I might do some searching online for it... Swedish books aren't exactly readily accessible here, y'know. ;)

Kat said...

Ouch. Sorry about that. But thanks for lending me your happiness for a day!

And you *have* to get 'Ett Öga Rött'. It's bound to be accessible on the net, and it's the coolest.