Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The fangirl

So, I finally did it. I called the nursery, spoke to my mentor and explained that I'm leaving. I was shaking while doing it. She asked me if it was to do with them, and I felt so guilty because they've been really nice to me. It isn't do with them. Even though I know I've been whining a lot about the work, it's not their fault. I'm just not cut out for it. Next week I'm going out there and explain a bit more, and say goodbye to the children. I'm actually going to miss them, in a way, but I sure am not going to miss working with them.

I wonder what it is with me and phone calls, though... I really am a phone-o-phobic. It doesn't even have to be a difficult call to make for me to get nervous, and when it is, boy do I freak out before doing it.

[fangirl]Haydn is home today! Squee![/fangirl]
Haz, it really does suck that I'm over just when you guys are away. Yes, I'm sure I can find it in me to fangirl on my own if there's an occasion for it - ;) - but it'd be so much more fun if you were there too. Can't control grandmothers' birthday dates.

Adam Garcia is Fiyero in Wicked!!1oneone1! Awesome, awesome. I was hoping for him before I even knew he workshopped the part. Although Stephen Gately as Boq... Meh. And christ, the stage door will be a nightmare with all these names. That's one place I'm not going to go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephen Gately - your joking right?

Kat said...

Unfortunately not. It hasn't been confirmed, but a lot of people seem certain it's true.

Logan said...

Yay! I'm glad you're taking the step toward getting out of the nursery. If the bottom line is that you just don't feel like it's for you, then that's it -- move on and keep your head up. There's always something else to try that will make you happy.

And yay! Haydn's cuuuuuuuute!