Wednesday, April 05, 2006

So tired. So much fun.

Field day with my work experience class today... Seeing as I'm quitting I suppose I didn't really have to go, but after the email saying to bring our bathing suits? I was so there.
The whole day was basically about health care, for students and teachers both, and in the afternoon we'd been assigned to an hour of working out at the public bath - I believe it was called 'wet vest'. You strap these large blue vests on to keep you afloat, and do all these different movements; running, sit-ups, cycling, etc, all in the water. Ever done two minutes of high pace sit-ups in water? I'm not sure if I've ever tried anything as tough, but it was awesome. I have to check whether they have this where I swim.

So, the discussion over at the Rock You-boards about what TV shows we watched when we were kids got me all nostalgic. Ninja Turtles, Saved By The Bell, Boy Meets World, California Dreams... That was good TV. Or well, no, it wasn't, but at the time was still nothing that could stop me from watching Saved By The Bell to see what Zach and the crew was up to this time.
What did you watch?

And speaking of, what is your earliest memory of a film? My first film-memory is still extremely vivid after all these years. I was four, we were still living at Norra Fäladen, and my parents had rented a video (and a video recorder - yes, it was that long ago). They had rented this nice, cute animated film about bunnies.
Yep, they'd rented Watership Down, and to this day their daughter still cannot watch that film without fast-forwarding through the horrible parts where the rabbits suffocate in their holes. As a four year old I was crying hysterically, first when Bigwig was caught in the snare, and then when Hazel was shot. I was terrified of the lendri, general Woundwort, and above all, the Black Rabbit. God, he was scary, with those big, red eyes, and just flying through the air like that... I was actually scared of my own tiny black rabbit afterwards - if a rabbit were able look confused, she would have done so when I started crying as soon as I saw her. I had nightmares for several nights after that.

So, yeah. Anyone had a similar, though hopefully less traumatic first memory of a film?

2 comments:

Logan said...

1. Looney Tunes, The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show, Pepper Ann, Ninja Turtles, Beakman's World... I'm know I've seen California Dreams, but the only thing I remember distinctly about it was one of the hotties on the show. :P

2. The earliest movie I can remember seeing was "Willow", and only the part where some big thing eats/kills/something-s one of the other characters. I haven't seen the movie since and don't really care to find out what ate what there.

Kat said...

Hey, I've seen Willow! Although I'm not sure it really made an impact, because I can't for the life of me recall what the big thing was, or what it ate/killed.

The one thing I - vaguely - remember about California Dreams is the theme tune. Incredibly cheesy and probably very bad, but I loved it. I'm ashamed to say I don't remember a hottie.