Saturday, April 01, 2006

Lucky again or not?

This is odd. I went to pay my fine at the library, yes, I did, knowing it was going to add up to a lot. Two books, over a month delayed. I give the books to the guy at the desk and after checking them he tells me I owe 150 sek, which is about eleven pounds. I was like, 'That can't be right' (in my head, of course - in reality I just gave him the money and wished him a pleasant weekend). I got home and checked the letters I'd gotten, which told me that I really should have paid 700 sek. I went back today and asked them to check the debts on my account to make sure there hadn't been a mistake, and they said there was nothing.

I'm not sure whether to feel lucky or worried. Since I'd actually gotten proper bills, perhaps the debts are now registered somewhere else? In which case I still have to pay the rest of the money, or I'm going to end up getting 'dotted'. On the other hand, they should be able to see those debts at the library, and if they say I don't owe anything... It ought to be right.
Odd.

My hair is still the source of some discomfort. Normally I get used to a cut I'm not happy with even though it might take a few days, but this one I still haven't gotten round to accept. It's the fringe... And being this short it sort of curls itself - both the fringe and the rest of the hair - which makes me look like I have lady hair unless I straighten it, and that's too hard on hair as thin as mine to do it every day.
I miss my long hair. Incredible how fast you forget how tired you were of it once it's gone.

I found a pair of black linen trousers today - yay! I've been looking for ages.

April Fools day... Anyone get to you yet? I'm unfooled, so far.

--Update--
I only just realised... Checking my blog on the PC I found that the whole thing looks completely different than on my precious Mac, fonts and colours all messed up. This is what it's supposed to look like:


Doesn't look that way to you, does it? Wonder why it looks different on different computers?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The background id white fore me =/ Weird! *wonders how my blog looks on a mac* You think OTH isn't good anymore? I just think it's going trhough a very dramatic phase trying to get a fourth season, it'll calm down ;) I'll check youtube for Jess! Jag är ledsen att jag inte fått iväg RENT ännu, har ju gått och blivit sjuk och innan dess fick jag ju till läkaren för nya antidepp tabletter. Varit ett par jobbiga veckor nu igen. Men jag lovar att den kommer snart, den är redan bränd och klar ska bara orka mig till posten också! Kram

Kat said...

Not only that, but when I checked it with Explorer on my laptop the background was puke-green! Wtf?! I was working on this look for ages, and now no one else sees it the way it's meant to? How unfair.

Yes, check youtube! Although it's Bedford, not Beford or whatever I wrote before... It wasn't great, but at least it's Milo! And he's a combo of Jess/Rory/Logan. Weird.

Och det är ingen panik alls med Rent. Krya på dig bara! *kram*

Anonymous said...

Oh, är du vaken så här dags? Trodde bara det var jag som var så pass "nattugglig" haha! Ja nu är det svart! Jättefint! No more white or puke-green for that matter ;) London kommer vi göra igen, flera gånger om, om vi har råd ;D Älskar mina foton!