Monday, March 05, 2007

Top fifteen 'sniff' moments on TV

Here we go! No ranking. And I take no responsibility for spoilers.

1. Everwood, the Pilot: Father and son screaming at each other in the middle of the street. "- I wish you'd died instead of her! - Well, I wish I had too, you little bastard!"

2. Buffy, Becoming Part 2: Buffy killing Angel to save the rest of the world.

3. Supernatural, Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things: Dean finally admitting to Sam that he knows their father is dead because of him, and that he wishes he hadn't woken up. "I was dead, and I should've stayed dead. You wanted to know how I was feeling. Well, that's it. So tell me... What could you possibly say to make that alright?" Cue tears from both Dean and me. Dammit, Sam, hug your brother and tell him you're glad he's still there!

4. Gilmore Girls, Hammer And Veils: Lorelai confronting her mother about her reaction to Lorelai's engagement. "Why don't you care? Why have you never cared? No matter what has happened to me my entire life, you've never been happy for me, and that hurts, Mom, it really hurts!" Oh, Gilmores.

5. Supernatural, Everybody Loves A Clown: Dean beating up on the Impala. When he turns on his car, things are really, really bad. Kills me every time. Had there been ranking, this would've been number one. Sniff.

6. Desperate Housewives, I Know Things Now: Bree abandons Andrew at the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. "- Mama, Mom, please don't do this. - I have to. I can't be around you anymore, I'm just not strong enough." Andrew may have been acting like a right monster, but I felt so sorry for him. And for Bree.

7. Grey's Anatomy, Losing My Religion: Izzie on the bed with Denny, crying, while the others are trying to coax her away. "An hour ago he was proposing. And now... and now he's going to the morgue. Isn't that ridiculous? Isn't it the most ridiculous piece of crap you've ever heard?" I cried my friggin eyes out. And I'm not even a regular Grey's viewer!

8. Buffy, Forever: Buffy explaining to Dawn her behaviour after their mother's death. "I've been busy because I have to. I have to do these things 'cause when I stop... Then Mom's really gone. *crumples*"

9. Supernatural, In My Time Of Dying: John's I'm-so-proud-of-you speech/goodbye. And even though those have been done to death, no pun intended, Christ if Jeffrey Dean Morgan didn't know how to deliver it. "- I put too much on your shoulders, I made you grow up too fast. You took care of Sammy, you took care of me. You did that. And you never complained, not once. And I just want you to know... *chokes back tears* ...that I am so proud of you. - Is this really you talking? - *stifles manly sob* Yeah. Yeah, it's really me." Because when John Winchester is being nice, you never know if he's possessed. And why didn't Sam get a goodbye like this? The bastard. I had a sort of love/hate relationship with John as a character... I loved him, but that doesn't mean I didn't want to yell "Shut up!" at him many, many times.

10. Everwood, Home: The final montage with everyone preparing for Colin's operation. Sniff.

11. Dawson's Creek (shut up!), ... Must Come To An End: Jen recording a message for her daughter to see later when she's older and Jen's gone. "Be sure to make mistakes. Make a lot of them. Because there's no better to learn and to grow, all right?" Fine. It was cheesy and sappy, but it was also really sad!

12. Heroes, Company Man: The Bennets on the bridge. Oh, he really does love his little Claire-bear.

13. The OC, The Metamorphosis: Summer's call to Seth. "I'm sorry I'm such a mess. It's just… I miss my friend."

14. The Office, #2.06: David pleading for his job. Poor man. So utterly clueless.

15. Gilmore Girls, Last Week Fights, This Week Tights: Jess hopes for reciprocation and gets it. All together now... Aww.

Phew. Okay. That took longer than I thought it would.
Agreeing, disagreeing? Anything I missed? And if you don't have any 'sniff' moments of you own, well... It's not my fault you're coldhearted!

Oh, by the way - overtone singing is awesome. I still don't get how you do it, but I think that's just as well. I prefer listening to it anyway.

6 comments:

Gustav said...

Jag är nog en ganska dålig serie-tittare!
Enda serien jag sett lite av i den listan är Buffy och det var runt 1999 har jag för mig. Ett tag sedan. :-(

Logan said...

Ahem. Every other episode of "ER". You absolutely MUST see the entire series, kiddo. ;)

Också så måste du gå hit omedelbart och titta på filmen där. Det var nog ett tag sedan jag skrattade så högt.

Kat said...

Gustav, jag antar att jag egentligen inte behöver säga att jag tycker att du ska ge Supernatural en chans? ;) (tuffa killar som skjuter monster! Det är en grabbserie!) Men visst har du sett The Office?

L - I did use to watch ER, but it kinda died on me. I liked it, but I don't think it ever got me teary at all... Well, actually, maybe when Lucy got killed. That was a little 'sniff'.
Jag ser ingen video. Har jag blivit blind? :(

Logan said...

Ja, det har du. :P

Gustav said...

Engelska The Office har jag sett lite, men jag superdiggar det inte! =)
Supernatural går på SVT va?

Kat said...

Jäklar. Jag behöver visst starkare glasögon. :P

Japp, Gustav, på SVT.
*flämt* Inte digga the Office? Jag är chockerad! ;)