Friday, March 30, 2007

Just about a mile from Texarkana

It always takes me a few days to recover from London... Not in an especially bad way these days, I seem to have gotten rid of the stubborn post-London depression that used to hit me, but still. The city takes a lot out of a hillbilly like myself who's not used to it anymore like I was.

But yeah, I had a really good time. Unzipped! was just awesome - four guys, stuck in a departure lounge after a week in Spain to celebrate their A-levels, waiting for their plane to be ready for takeoff because the transport carrying the little plastic milk containers had been delayed on its way to the airport (which made me giggle because I immediately thought of The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy and the ship that had been delayed because of napkins). Lots of laughs, rudeness, offensive language (and hand gestures) and great songs, like "Brits on Tour", "Why Do We Say 'Gay'?", "Thursday Night" and "Left Spain". The fact that Haydn's character made a My Fair Lady reference made me snort out loud all on my ownsies. Fantastic show. Seeing it with the girls made it even better.

Possibly my favourite exchange in the show, discussing whether or not Pete got laid:
- You couldn't bag a bag of beans!
- Or a cabbage!
- Potatoes!
- You couldn't bag a turnip!
beat
- You are so gay.
- Why are turnips gay?!
- They're funny shaped!

Although this was awesome, too.
- JB... You know earlier, when you were talking about 'who we are'. Did you mean, who we are as a group, or who we are as, you know, individuals?
- Well, Jordan, mate - you know - I can't remember exactly what I said, and, I'm pretty sure it was a load of bollocks anyway.

And there was a lot of shopping done. So much the guy in security frowned at me and complained that my bag was heavy. Well, screw you, buddy, not your problem. You're not carrying it. He might have heard what I was thinking, because he got all snippy and made me take of my boots when I went through. But hey, now I've got two new pairs of jeans and several new tops. God love Dorothy Perkins. Oh, and I got The History Boys DVD! I haven't had time to watch it yet, but I'm planning on sitting down tonight with a 'Do not disturb' sign on my door. I can't wait, been dying to see it ever since I read the play. I could still kick myself - or someone else - for not getting tickets to the show.

Oh, and, when you hear someone at an airport say on the phone just before boarding a plane, "Just one more hour and then I'm done. I can do it," you get just a teensy bit nervous.

Someone should so open a KFC over here. Yum. And Starbucks.

Still can't get CCR's 'Cotton Fields' out of my head.

Quick Supernatural note... Show, I love you to bits, you know I do, but please, please, you have to start letting there be fallout from dramatic episodes. I fucking loved 'Heart', damn, the ending was awesome, but what takes away from it is knowing that it's most likely not even going to be mentioned again. Same with 'Bad Sign'. Fantastic episode, so much potential, and no mention of it the next week. Please. Consequences. I'm begging here.

2 comments:

Logan said...

KFC and Starbucks right next to one another. OMFGGG, so awesome. If you find yourself in a city where this exists, please tell me so that I can pack my things and move there.

Kat said...

Then you should move to London. All right, they're not right next to each other, but they're one minute apart. *pines* Imagine KFC followed by a frappuccino every day?