Thursday, March 22, 2007

Proudiness

What? If 'truthiness' is a word, so is that.

So the exam last week apparently went well. Really well. Once again, study group does its job. Frida, we so rock.

Three questions A question and a half left on the 'theoretical grammar' exam to finish before tonight. I can do this. Well, except for the Dyirbal/Arrente/split ergativity question. That one just confuses me and the answer consists of rambling.

So, RENT and Lord of the Rings marathon next weekend. That should be something. Now we just have to set a day for the Supernatural (and Gilmore Girls) marathon as well, and it's all good.

---
Okay, the three ways we know of to mark the relationship between the different arguments in a clause are word order/the order of the phrases, case systems (the ergative/absolutive or the nominative/accusative), or verb agreement. Then we're supposed to discuss other possibilities. What other possibilities, dammit? Those are all I can think of!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you for always making me smile. Proudiness :) Indeed you rock!

Oh, I wanna joing those marathons!! It really is weird how alike we we are sometimes ;)

Kat said...

All that makes you smile is a good thing!
We are so having a mixed marathon of Spn and GG, finishing off with RENT, when you come to visit. *squishes*

Logan said...

I'm in the same boat, kiddo. Morphosyntactic alignment just ain't my element.

Gustav said...

Sagan om ringen-maraton? Låter sannerligen angenämt. Ska ni ta er ann de förlängda versionerna eller nöjer ni er med de mindre nördiga normalversionerna? =)

Kat said...

Vi ska vara riktigt nördiga och titta på de förlängda versionerna - vad annars? ;)

Logan - it is a tough nut. But I finished in time!