Saturday, March 17, 2007

So stop your love on the road

I have a feeling the party last night wasn't good for my ear. Lots of fun - trying the water pipe was most definitely interesting - but bad. Seems like I'm now totally deaf on my left side instead of just almost deaf. No, Logan, I'm not losing my hearing completely, stop freaking me out! But I do hope that it proves to be extremely temporary, because this is a bloody awkward feeling. And it still hurts. Stupid doctor who wouldn't just give me normal antibiotics.

One exam down, one to go. I'm crossing everything that I won't have to do this one again - felt like the chances of having passed were pretty much 50-50 when I left the hall.

I bought shoes today. Pretty, pretty shoes that were actually my size, which doesn't happen often. You know, I think they're making the shoes larger these days. Size 37 used to fit my feet without problem, but the last couple of years even size 36 tends to be too big most of the time, and I sincerely doubt that my feet have already started shrinking... That's something I'd expect to happen about forty or fifty years from now.
It's not fair. I refuse to start buying my shoes in the children's department. Being a kid on the bus is one thing, being one in the shoe store another.

2 comments:

Logan said...

I'd imagine it'd be more fun to be mute than to lose your hearing. At least that way you could still listen to music but use sign language. Should I be in a terrible accident someday, here's to hoping that if anything falls on me it lands on my throat and not my head. ;)

And yay for shoes! You can NEVER have enough. I heart shoes more than any other clothing accessory.

Kat said...

I could do mute. Yeah. Getting to sign while still be able to listen to music and all that? Fine by me! It's not like my voice is that awesome, anyway.

Yay for shoes, indeed. Especially ballerina shoes.