Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Now... Where was I?

Blanks from Friday night have been filled in and could have been worse (the fact that I tried to unlock my neighbours' door at 5 in the morning is awkward, but hopefully they slept through it), and I managed to reclaim my songbook at the union. All's good.

It's been a strange couple of months, weather wise. In July/early August we reached record temperatures and had some fantastic weeks. It suddenly got cold and rainy in middle of August, and everyone were saying how summer ended so abruptly. Then, at the start of September when everyone including me had stocked up on autumn shoes and clothes, summer decided it wasn't quite done with us yet, came back, and seems to have lasted until yesterday when the leaves were falling everywhere and you could actually smell autumn in the air.
Talk about schizophrenic seasons.

From one thing to another...
Heroes premiered on NBC last week. I've been waiting for it for what seems like ages, and finally managed to download the pilot today (before anyone thinks I'm doing anything illegal and goes all AntiPirat on me, you can watch the episodes on NBC's website). And damn, but I'm hooked. You can watch it just for the sheer hotness if you want to - it's got an extremely fanciable cast, including among others Milo V, Sendhil Ramamurthy (I think his superpower is making women all over the world stop what they're doing when they spot him) and Santiago Cabrera - but it's also really cool and has some very interesting storylines. I mean, flying brothers, a cheerleader who's indestructable, a japanese called Hiro (his name alone makes him awesome) who can travel in space/time, an artist who paints the future and a stripper mom with a wickedly evil(?) mirror twin who kills people? Bound to be good. It could well freak out and become over the top, but so far I'm loving it.
Also, I loved the fact that the scenes in Japan actually were in Japanese, no broken English with Japanese accents.
And Hiro is adorable. 'Yata!'

I'm so television's bitch.
Watch Heroes and become its bitch along with me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bitchified. :D

It sounded like it had a nice premise. Hmm... we'll see.

Kat said...

It really does.
And did I mention the hotness factor?
;)