Saturday, February 11, 2006

Whelmed.

You can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed, but can you be just whelmed?

Y'all need to see Brokeback Mountain. And Jake Gyllenhaal needs to get that Oscar for best male in a supporting role. My dad still refuses to go and see it on the premise of it being about gay cowboys, and my mum thus asked me if I'd mind seeing it again with her. I told her I'd consider it.

I even ordered a copy of the book 'Brokeback Mountain - from story to screenplay' from Amazon. Yes, I know, I'm a weak, weak person, but not so weak I didn't manage to resist all the recommendations Amazon had for me because they thought I'd be interested in them: The Rent bible, Anthony Rapp's 'Without You: A Memoir Of Love, Loss and the Musical Rent', and the Grimmerie. I'm quite proud.
Well, I did actually add them to my shopping cart, but when I saw what the price added upp to I forced myself to remove them again.

In other news, I survived my first week at the nursery, probably with the help from some higher power - there is no other explanation. I don't know how I'm going to get through another one, though (I'm already dreading my seventh semester, when I have to do for weeks straight). It's driving me mad, it's making me talk to my parents as if they were children, and it's physically painful. One of the new baby girls (whom I have admittedly grown to adore in a short time) has taken to me and wants me to lift her up constantly, not to mention that I yesterday had the responsibility for a boy who can't walk and has to be carried and lifted an awful lot. And he's a big boy for his age. Ever tried lifting a sleeping kid up off the floor? I wouldn't recommend it. When I woke up this morning I felt like I'd been going for three hours straight on the gym last night, without stretching.

I will hopefully be doing the whole of next year with the six year olds, thank god, if I decide to stay on. But there are still three weeks left this semester. Please, give me strength.

2 comments:

Logan said...

Whelmed... you might of used to could, in Old English. But just the look of that first sentence should indicate that my grasp on New English isn't any better. ;)

Survive, baby -- them kids might get rambunctious, but I think you can survive. Baby. ;)

*smooch*

Happy V Day! I'm not drunk, I swears. :)

Kat said...

If you say you are not drunk, I feel I have to believe you. However... ;)
And now I have to go and check whether rambunctious is actually a proper word.