Monday, November 20, 2006

'Cause my TV set just keeps it all from being clear

The weeks go by so fast now. I don't know what happened to this fall, it seems like it had barely started when Christmas began showing its red twinkly face around the corner. The lights are already up on the square, they've put up the trees all over town, and we're planning a glögg/gingersnaps-baking party in the not too distant future. But before that I need to survive the birthday outing next week - "Då ska vi supa Katarina under bordet", as one of my lovely coursemates put it. And I still haven't found my hangover-food.

I've been given the number to a chiropractor in town who's supposed to be very good. Hopefully he'll be able to do something about my shoulder, which is still playing up on me after all these months. I want to be able to go swimming again, dammit.

My goddaughter is only a few months away from becoming a big sister. She's excited to take on the task as well as concerned about where the baby is going to sleep when they're visiting grandma. She finally came to the conclusion that 'grandma can sleep on that side, and I'll sleep on this side, and the baby can sleep in the middle and I'll hold her'. As much as my stint as a nursery teacher put me off being around small children, I'm totally excited about getting a new baby in the family. And above all, to watch Nic growing into being the oldest.

Supernatural tonight. I might have to squee for a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think there actually was a void somewhere in October that launched us right into the holiday season. Not sure when it exactly it popped up, but it must have. One second I'm wondering if there'll be trick-or-treaters wanting candy, and all of a sudden that "Little Drummer Boy" song is played on loop at work? What the hell?