Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Lund was never so beautiful.

I am finally home after being stuck in Stockholm for longer than was planned, thanks to the fucking storm that really ought to have been given a more menacing name than 'Per' (I mean, seriously). The journey home took eight hours instead of four and I felt like falling to my knees and kissing the ground when we got off the train. But SJ did all they could - got us a room at a four star hotel when we couldn't get home, and then first class tickets part of the way when the trains started running again. I can't complain too much, at least not about them.

Invasion! was as amazing as I remembered it, and the audience reaction at the beginning was absolutely awesome. The infiltrators were sat just two rows down from us, so we had a good view of their progress from mildly amused to "Dude, what the fuck is this shit?!" It started out with some annoyed hushing, but when the boys decided they'd had enough and made to leave people actually stood up and yelled at them to sit down and shut up while we were busy giggling like mad and trying to hide it. They must've felt so silly when they realised it was all part of the show. I know I would have.
Bahador Foladi is still incredible. When he came on stage for that horrifying, final monologue of the show, my heart just started pounding. With dread, because I knew what was coming, and anticipation, because he acts it so, so well. I thought I'd try and transcribe that one, because you should read it. I think it might be my favourite part, but I'm not sure. It's impossible to choose.

My kind, kind Languages-of-the-world lecturer gave me a couple of extra days with the exam, since I was stuck without my laptop and unable to finish on time. So now, I'm writing the final question and it's actually not going horribly. I haven't had any flashes of brilliance by any means, but if there's anything I'm good at, it's word-pooping.

Solution to the lyrics quiz, which V was the only one to excel at, will be up next time.

Oh, by the way, Supernatural? Was sofa king awesome on Thursday. Best episode yet of the ones I've seen, perhaps, save the season 2 opener. And they used 'White Rabbit'! Finally! Do you realise how long I've been hoping and waiting for them to use that song? And it was totally creepy and awesome (so, I like the word awesome, big deal) and perfect. V, you should start watching season 2, I need someone to geek out with over it.

Hope none of my Swedish readers were hit too hard by the storm and stayed safe.

No comments: